- Defining where, and against what, performance is to be managed (Specifying organizational context in an increasingly complex world)
- Creating a results-based road map for an organization (Working with the strategic plan so there is a guide and map for measurement)
- Defining and selecting the most appropriate performance measures (Selecting a few good measures among many potential measures)
- Implementing and using performance information (Evolving from compliance to use)
- Reporting progress and interpreting/incorporating lessons learned (Creating a learning environment in the organization)
- Building institutional capacity and a sustainable approach (Embedding performance management and ensuring buy-in)
Welcome to ASPA-CAP
Welcome to the Center for Accountability and Performance website! CAP aims to improve the practice of public service by helping Public Administration and Nonprofit professionals acquire the knowledge, technical skills and resources necessary to successfully manage for results. CAP achieves its mission through education, training, advocacy, technical assistance, resource sharing, and research into best practices in Performance Management.
Please browse the website to learn more about CAP.